Thursday, January 19, 2012

Intentional Resolutions

Welcome to a new year! I'm not the kind of person that makes a lot of new year's resolutions. In fact, my last resolution was to make no more. ;) Still, the beginning of a year is a good time for me to look back, cry over all my mistakes, and take stock of how to grow spiritually and improve my walk with God.

There are a few intentions I am working towards this year. The most important of these is my desire to attend carefully to the leading of the Holy Spirit. If I'm talking and suddenly sense that for some reason my words are not God-honoring, I want to immediately obey by shutting my mouth. I want to be as easily moved by God as a feather in the wind, yet remain steadfast against any other impetus.

Secondly, I want to be as easy to please as a small child, delighting in the tiniest joy that showers from God's hands. This will carry me through when my desires and hopes seem to pass unseen and my life appears as barren as rain on a lonely grey cliff.

I've got other pseudo-resolutions budding in my soul, but that's all I've got time for right now.

May I ask, what are your aims for this year. How do you plan to get there?

2 Sunbeams:

Petra : ) said...

Something I hope to learn by the end of this year is how better to be in God's rest. I desire to have is calm and peace within, though the storms of life rage without.

Thank you, dear sis, for the encouraging thoughts you post. Love you lots!

Hannah Terrell said...

That's a lovely aim. You do a wonderful job, you know!

Thank you! I luv you too.